Pensacola and Emerald Coast Real Estate Development Attorneys
Real estate development requires attention to detail and strict adherence to local regulations. It also requires local knowledge of the players. Board Certified Real Estate Attorney, Stephen R. Moorhead, R. Todd Harris, and the attorneys at McDonald Fleming Moorhead are experienced professionals who can handle all of your real estate development legal needs.
Local Knowledge of Real Estate Development Process
We know the intricacies of real estate development. Our law firm can help you navigate through the complex field of local policies and regulations that can slow down the development of your property. Knowledge of the governmental entities and their boards and their staff is crucial in determining whether your project is approved or delayed.
Our understanding of local politics and real estate laws helps us handle real estate development from beginning to end. We can help you throughout the process and provide specific attention to the following issues:
- Helping with the purchase of real estate including review of legal issues and assistance with title and due diligence;
- Addressing any land use zoning or land development regulation issues;
- Assisting with governmental approvals;
- Preparing community documents such as Declarations of Covenants, Conditions, Restrictions and Easements or Declarations of Condominiums;
- Reviewing subdivision plats for compliance with State and local regulations;
- Preparing documents regarding any HOA or condominium formation and other real estate documents;
- Assisting with compliance with the Interstate Land Sales Act (“ILSA”) or its Florida counterpart;
- Drafting disclosure documents such as the offering circular required under the Florida Condominium Act;
- Preparing contracts for the sale of lots or condominium units; and
- Assisting with the sale of developed lots or properties.
Our attorneys understand the issues developers face in Florida and have experience working with developers from Florida and out-of-state. Our knowledge of specific real estate development issues helps us better understand our clients’ needs, and we can walk you through the entire process. Board Certified Real Estate Attorney Stephen R. Moorhead has been general counsel to the Home Builders Association of West Florida, Inc. for nearly 20 years and has represented a host of builders and developers. R. Todd Harris has significant experience in land use approvals having appeared before the following counties in Northwest Florida: Bay, Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton, as well as numerous other governmental agencies.