Stephen R. Moorhead is one of the founders of McDonald Fleming Moorhead and is currently the managing partner. He is a sixth generation Floridian and a long-time resident of Pensacola, having graduated from Woodham High School. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in accounting from Auburn University and his Juris Doctorate from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University.
Steve has extensive experience in real estate litigation, real estate development and all aspects of complex commercial real estate transactions. He has been involved with the Florida Bar’s Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Vice-Chair of its Real Property Problems Study Committee, Adjunct Professor in Real Property Law at Pensacola Junior College and the University of West Florida and a volunteer member of the Board of Directors for Pensacola Habitat for Humanity, Inc. He is currently a member of the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association, and Pensacola Chamber of Commerce. He also serves as General Counsel for both the Home Builders Association of West Florida, Inc., and Pensacola Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
Steve is rated the AV® Preeminent ™ by Martindale-Hubbell.
- AV® Rated by Martindale Hubbell®
- Board Certified in Real Estate Law by The Florida Bar’s Committee on Education and Legal Specialization
- Florida Superlawyer (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association’s Liaison with Real Estate Broker’s Committee (Member 1995-Present; Chair 1995-1996)
- Florida Bar’s Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law (Executive Council 1996-1998)
- Florida Bar’s Real Property Problems Study Committee (Member 1992-Present; Co-Chair 1996-1998)
- Pensacola Habitat for Humanity Member, Board of Directors (1988-1999, 2007-2011)
- National Association of Industrial & Office Properties
- Pensacola Chamber of Commerce Member, Board of Directors (2016-2017)
- Homebuilders Association of Northwest Florida
- USO – Member of Executive Council and Board of Directors (1988-1992)
- St. Luke United Methodist Church