Belinda de Kozan has been a partner in the law firm of McDonald Fleming Moorhead since 2002. A Pensacola native, Belinda has practiced law in Pensacola since 1991. She earned her undergraduate and Juris Doctorate degrees from the University of Florida.
Belinda’s primary areas of practice are mediation and civil litigation (state and federal). Belinda has extensive litigation experience in personal injury/wrongful death, insurance disputes, professional negligence, commercial and business litigation, employment matters, civil rights litigation, and real property litigation. Belinda also has experience in aviation litigation and products liability cases. She has more than 25 years of civil trial experience in both jury trial and bench trial settings and is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Civil Mediator. Belinda’s mediation services are sought after by attorneys across the panhandle of Florida in a broad range of disputes, many of which involve multi-party litigation of complex issues. Belinda has additionally served as umpire in insurance disputes and as an expert witness in attorneys’ fees disputes.
Belinda has received the AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest obtainable peer review rating given by her peers and members of the judiciary.
- Certified as a Circuit Civil Mediator by the Florida Supreme Court since 2004
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar’s Trial Lawyers Section
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- Pensacola Chapter of American Inns of Court
- First Judicial Circuit Nomination Committee, Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Awards
- Impact 100
- Gulf Breeze United Methodist Church, Board of Trustees